Mentoring/ Coaching Skills
This programme is designed to give individuals the knowledge to understand the difference between mentoring & coaching. It is also aimed at clarifying the benefits of each to the benefit of the individual.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explain what is mentoring & coaching
- Explain the differences between mentoring & coaching
- Understand the Do’s & Dont’s of Mentoring
- Understand the role of a mentor versus mentee
- Understand the mentoring/ coaching process
- Benefits gained from mentoring & coaching
- Practice in a safe environment
Programme Outline/ Day
- What is Mentoring?
- What Mentoring is not?
- Outline the mentoring process/ partnership
- What is the role & skills of the Mentor and the Mentee?
- Review the mentoring framework – increasing your market place (as a result of mentoring)
- Mentoring Etiquette – Do’s and Don’ts
- How do I ‘work’ the relationship
- Role Play Exercises
- What is Coaching?
- What is the difference between coaching & mentoring
- Benefits of coaching
- The framework/ process of coaching
- Role play exercises
Individuals who want to understand more of the benefits of mentoring/ coaching & how the process works.
Duration – 1 day