The objectives of the one-day course are to
- Provide an rigorous overview of basic Accounting principles to all participants (i.e. How do Accountants think)
- Explain how daily actions impact reported Financial Performance
Following completion of the one-day Programme, participants will be able to
- Understand the role of Finance in their daily operations
- Understand how they can contribute to improving company financial performance
- Interpret Accounting information in their day-to-day roles.
- Engage in tangible discussions with financial colleagues to drive plant performance initiatives.
- Understand and contribute to their in-company budgeting process
The course will be delivered in a discursive and interactive manner with a strong emphasis on participation. The objective is to make participants comfortable with the language of finance and confident to engage discussion with their financial colleagues.
The role of Finance
Financial Accounting Principles
How daily tasks impact Financial Reporting